15 Clever Ways of Speaking about LLUVIA
When it's been raining for days, this Spanish vocabulary list may come in handy. If it doesn't brighten up any time soon, at least your speech will be much, much brighter with all of these fun ways of speaking about rain in Spanish!
Share on FacebookGet in Messenger
- el aguacero - heavy downpour, rainstorm
- el chaparrón - cloudburst, a short downpour
- la llovizna - drizzle
- la lluvia menuda - small rain
- la garúa - drizzle (Latin America)
- el calabobos - incessant rain
- el chubasco - heavy shower
- llueve - it is raining
- llueve a cántaros (a torrentes, a mares) - it’s raining in sheets
- está para llover - it is going to rain
- ha cesado de llover (la lluvia) - the rain has stopped
- bajo (la) lluvia - the rain has stopped
- la lluvia con sol - sun shower
- el chapetón - a rain shower
- el diluvio - torrential rain
Learn more authentic ways to talk about the weather in Spanish from our special post!
And now, a Spanish vocab game!
Start now and test your knowledge!START QUIZ
From Spiders to Gators: More Scary Legends from Spain
Halloween is over, but we cannot stop sharing these scary tales with you!
Halloween in Spain: Local Traditions and Festivals
Let’s follow the trace that Halloween left in Spain and how it transformed through history and across regions!